1. Health
Send to a Friend via Email
A viewer asks:
"I am a 26 year old straight male doing research for a college paper. I learned about a simple screeing test that men are getting that some say helps identify cellular changes in rectal tissue. These changes could be anal cancer. Now I'm wondering should I get an anal pap? I'm straight and "nothing" goes in that area. I'm not in pain or bleeding but I'm worried because I felt around that area and found a little bump just inside my rectum. It felt like a vein but it was raised. So, should I get an anal pap?"

You see men can benefit from a pap test too...an anal pap test.

Related Information

~This Entry Courtesy of Mark Cichocki - About.com HIV Guide

Comments are closed for this post.
Leave a Comment

Line and paragraph breaks are automatic. Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title="">, <b>, <i>, <strike>

©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.

We comply with the HONcode standard
for trustworthy health
information: verify here.